"safety concerns". I heard pregnancy was highly contagious lately.
It may be in the rules of the Catholic School, but if that rule only applies to the female in the situation, it's wrong. The girl didn't get pregnant on her own.
Make sure you pay attention to the last line in the article
MONTGOMERY, Alabama (AP) -- A pregnant student who was banned from graduation at her Roman Catholic high school announced her own name and walked across the stage anyway at the close of the program.
Alysha Cosby's decision prompted cheers and applause Tuesday from many of her fellow seniors at St. Jude Educational Institute.
But her mother and aunt were escorted out of the church by police after Cosby headed back to her seat.
"I can't believe something like this is happening in 2005," said her mother, Sheila Cosby. "My daughter has been through a lot and I am proud of her. She deserved to walk, and she did."
The school's guidance counselor delivered Cosby's degree to her house earlier Tuesday, but she still wanted to participate.
"I worked hard throughout high school and I wanted to walk with my class," she said.
Cosby was told in March that she could no longer attend school because of safety concerns, and her name was not listed in the graduation program.
The father of Cosby's child, also a senior at the school, was allowed to participate in graduation.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
"safety concerns". I heard pregnancy was highly contagious lately.
It may be in the rules of the Catholic School, but if that rule only applies to the female in the situation, it's wrong. The girl didn't get pregnant on her own.
Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
George Orwell
its going around didn't you hear? Does anyone even know the cause of "pregnancy" or maybe some of the symptoms? I mean guys are at risk too. I'm sure if the girl got pregnant the guy is pregnant too, so thats a double standard right there.
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Another major concern that president bush has failed to mention is the consistancy of the deadliest compound element on the planet. Dihydrogen Monoxide. Millions of people each day drink this without having a clue of any of its possible harms. Did you know that it has caused the death of more people in the history of the world then the holocaust times 100? Heck three fourths of the world is covered in a sodium chloride and dihydrogen monoxide solution.
I just think we need to try to stop this madness and put an end to dihydrogen monoxide once and for all.
Please check out this site. If not for you, for the children please .
[img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]
It is contagious here at work. Everybody spitting out babys around here. I heard you two gals might be next !!! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] J/K
This just goes to show how ignorant somethings can be.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
D.M. definitely should be banned. I'm going to sign the petition today.
Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
George Orwell
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
heard you two gals might be next
[/ QUOTE ]
umm...there are ways to help prevent that! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
The 'safety concern' thing sure is a head scratcher. What the heck are these people thinking?
(And don't bother signing the D.M. Ban petition. We're surrounded. That crap is everywhere - even in our pools and bathtubs)
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
haha you guys are hilarious.................. i would also like to say, that the girl not being able to walk at graduation is the most ridiculous load of crap ever. "safety concern" I know women get moody when they are pregnant, but come on now. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Cant we all just get along?
That's really wrong penalizing the girl, but not the boy as well. Seems like the Catholics don't understand that it takes two to tango.
[img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]
im catholic and i know sometimes it takes 3 to tango lol
[img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]
You one of those reform Catholics? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
[img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]
Bookmarks